Coronavirus has recently begun to make headlines all across news and media platforms due to how quick it is spreading, but with a simple few precautionary measures, it is easily avoidable.
Most airports have started screening all passengers who seem to be displaying the symptoms associated with this disease, in order to stop it from spreading. Travelers are told to take strong precautionary measure to avoid catching this virus and taking some simple precautions can easily help in prevention from getting Coronavirus.
Coronavirus is said to have spread due to the illegal trade of wild animals at a seafood market in Wuhan in China. Although various conspiracy theories such as 'biological weaponry' and 'planned outbreaks' are circulating, there are various ways in which we travelers can protect ourselves from getting infected.
- The general feeling of being unwell
- Cough and difficulty breathing
- Sore and Swollen Throat
- Runny Nose
- Watery Eyes
- Try avoiding travel to affected areas such as China, Hong Kong, and Macau where the highest number of cases have been reported.
- Try to cover your face with a safety mask, when traveling, to avoid coming in direct contact with anyone sneezing or coughing.
- Constantly clean hands with soap and water or with sanitizer to keep germs from spreading through touch.
- Avoid coming in direct contact with anyone who exhibits cold or flu-like symptoms, especially if they have recently traveled or had a family member who has recently returned from abroad.
- Make sure that all meats and eggs that are consumed by you have been cooked till the recommended levels, or in simple words cooked completely, not half done, medium rare or undercooked.
- If visiting a farm with chickens, pigs or any other wild or farm animals, postpone your plans, do not go or make sure to take all precautionary measures to keep yourself safe for coming in contact with them.
- If traveling in crowded areas, especially for 'Yatras' or 'Umrah', cover your nose and mouth with a mask and clean your hands properly every chance you get. Also, maintain high standards of hygiene.
- Elderly people, infants and people with a weak immune system are most susceptible to acquiring this disease.
- Approach a doctor or medical professional as soon as you get any flu-like symptoms, coughing, breathing difficulties or fever.
- Isolate yourself until treated, cover your mouth and keep your hands clean. Try to avoid direct contact with anyone if you feel that you have any of these symptoms.
- Avoid traveling until completely treated for all the medical problems.
A lot about this virus is still unknown and it is recommended strongly to be very careful and use all precautionary measures while traveling. Make sure to view all the World Health Organization's pamphlets on Coronavirus to keep yourself safe, aware and updated about the situation.
Our Team at TrueHAB helps you understand Coronavirus better, prevent it, and also wishes you a pleasant, happy, healthy and safe journey.