5 - 40.00
One of the most popular tourist spots, Raja seat which literally means “Seat of the Kings”. Located within the town of Madikeri, it's a gorgeous place presenting a refreshing setting and soothing environment.
The place is named as Raja’s Seat because it had been the place where Coorg’s kings accustomed to visit and luxuriate in the gorgeous scenic beauty around. The sunset and sunrise bring mesmerising view which is worth captivating in your cameras.
The actual Raja’s seat is a statue resembling a brick mortar and pestle structure surrounded by four equidistantly placed pillars. All four pillars are bridged with the aid of arches. In ancient days, this spot was an important point for tourists to capture some delightful sunset moments.
Encircling the Raja’s seat is a splendid garden consisting of a musical fountain and seasonal flowers. When the flowers are in their wholly bloomed phase, the garden offers a beautiful sight. As long as the rhythmic music keeps playing in the background, the fountain here dances to its tune and gushes out colourful water. Raja’s Seat overlooks a mind-boggling valley with numerous mist-laden mountain ranges.
Timings are subject to change. You will be automatically booked into a time slot as part of the check out process. Please visit the official website to confirm the time slot before your visit.
While you are at the attraction, you can enjoy there by taking part in the following activities:
1. Strolling through the Gandhi Mantap – Gandhi Mantap is the garden that surrounds the Raja’s Seat. There are many seasonal flowers and a musical fountain to adore here. Simply strolling throughout the garden gives you a sort of relaxation and drives you away from all your stress. Locals prefer to visit the Raja’s Seat on weekends to find a relaxing retreat.
2. Capture the spectacular views of sunrise and sunsets – Visiting Raja’s Seat either early in the morning or during evenings gives you a fair chance to capture some beautiful golden moments of the sun. Watch how the sun emerges from the background of the lush green valley that stretches across and spreads its golden smile.
3. Enjoying the toy train ride – There’s a toy train out there for a moment of complete family entertainment. Be a part of this toy train ride and go visit every nook and corner of the Gandhi Mantap.
4. Witness the magical fountain – The fountain here at the Gandhi Mantap dances to the musical tune. You can see colorful water gushing out from the central core of this magical fountain.
5. Photographer’s paradise – This place has a lot of things to do for the photographers as you definitely have some astounding scenes to capture. You can go on clicking sunrise and sunset pictures or click some random photos of Raja’s Seat itself. Capturing the seasonal blooms here will surely make a good nature’s portfolio for you to retain for a life-long entertainment.
6. Spot on the seasonal blooming flowers – There are myriads of flowers that bloom here at the Raja’s Seat. Researchers and nature enthusiasts can put in all their knowledge to identify the floral species here.
7. Enjoy your weekends at Raja’s Seat – If you schedule your visit here during weekends, you will find many locals reaching here to enjoy their weekly off. People reach here either with their families or groups or relatives to find relief from their professional stress. You can bring your children here on their holidays and let them enjoy at their fullest.