150 - 600.00
Formerly known as Chaurasi Kutia, Beatles Ashram happens to be a popular ashram located at Rishikesh in Uttarakhand. The place received a lot of hype and achieved wide recognition after the Beatles band of Liverpool came to stay there in the year 1986.
The members of the band practiced meditation and composed many good songs in this place.
In the later period, the ashram was left abandoned but was reopened for tourists in the year 2015. At present, the Beatles Ashram is visited by locals as well as tourists, out of which most of the travelers are Beatles band fans. The place usually attracts history buffs, experience seekers, serenity and peace seekers, nature lovers, photo fanatics, and meditation enthusiasts.
The major attractions of the ashram include its stunning dome-shaped construction, amazing graffiti works, and the beautiful picture of the members of the Beatles band painted in one of the interior walls of Ved Bhavan.
Other interesting things that can be seen here are the mysterious writings done on the walls of Siddhi Bhavan and Anand Bhavan and the beautifully designed meditation chambers of Chaurasi Kutia.
The Beatles Ashram is believed to have a unique energy and inspiring vibe of its own that makes visitors realize the real power and value of spirituality.
The relaxing and rejuvenating environment of the place tranquilizes the body from within and refreshes the mind, filling you up with positivity.
Surrounded by other serene attractions of the city, this place is totally worth visiting when you’re on a trip to the country’s Yoga Capital, Rishikesh.
Timings are subject to change. You will be automatically booked into a time slot as part of the check out process. Please visit the official website to confirm the time slot before your visit.
Things to do at the ashram:
1. Visit the Ashram - Pay a brief visit of around 30 minutes to the iconic ashram, which was once home to the members of the Beatles band, who stayed there for a long time, seeking peace and spirituality.
2. Click Good Photographs and Take Them Home as a Memory- Take some beautiful pictures and upload them on your social media profiles to show your peers your happiness for having visited the spot where the world-famous Beatle band once lived.
3. Witness the Wall Arts- Catch a glimpse of the impressive paintings done on the ashram’s walls by the visitors.
4. Experience Trekking- Enjoy trekking to Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula and experience the beauty of both bridges.
5. Visit Ved Bhavan- If you’re a real Beatles fan, do not forget to visit Ved Bhawan or the Beatles Cathedral. This spot offers the best feeling in the entire ashram. Once visitors enter the hall, they can watch the beautiful images of Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and John Lennon on their right-hand side.
You can also see the seat of the Maharishi inside the Ved Bhavan.
6. Experience the Unique Chaurasi Kutia- As you walk towards the end of Beatles Ashram, you can see a structure, which has a similar design as that of a hostel. This structure is known as Chaurasi Kutia.
The name of the building is inspired by the fact that it has about eighty-four meditation rooms. The rooms have been constructed with stones from the nearby river and look amazingly beautiful.
7. Visit Siddhi Bhavan and Anand Bhavan- When you are at the Beatles Ashram, never miss out on visiting Siddhi Bhavan and Anand Bhavan, the ashram’s largest buildings.
This place happened to be the residential area of the people who visited the ashram for advanced learning.
When in this place, don’t forget to take a look at the mysterious and weird writings done on the interior walls of the buildings.