Pondicherry is a famous destination in southern India for its colonial ambiance, virgin beaches, and spiritual aura. Browse Pondicherry Tour Packages at TrueHAB. On Pondicherry Tours, you can discover churches, French Quarter, temples, statues, impressive coastline, and mustard-colored colonial villas. French-style avenues, the cosmopolitan flair of many nationalities, Tamil culture, systematic town planning, chic boutiques, seaside promenade are other compelling reasons to fancy a Pondicherry Trip Plan. It has been a French colony till 1954 with traditional Indian values and French architecture.
Promenade, Serenity, Mahe, Auroville, Paradise, Reppo, Veerampattinam, Quiet, and Karaikal are the Best Beaches in Pondicherry with golden sands, shimmering waters, and attractive shoreline. These beaches draw hordes of beach bums for water activities or a lazy weekend. Restaurants in Pondicherry serve French cuisine, seafood, and other local delicacies. Baker Street is famous for lip-smacking French-style breakfast.
Check Pondicherry Packages from different Indian Cities like Pondicherry Trip from Bangalore, Pondicherry Tour Packages from Chennai. Tourists can select Pondicherry Tourism Packages for once in a lifetime experience. Book your Pondicherry Trip Package at the best price with TrueHAB for a comfortable and hassle-free beach holiday. Visit Pondicherry between October and February for a perfect vacation.
Pondicherry Trip Cost
Looking for Pondicherry Trip Cost? Check Pondicherry Holiday Packages based on duration and price for a beautiful trip in the former French Colony Pondicherry.
|Pondicherry Tour Packages||Duration||Price (per person)|
|Alluring Pondicherry||3 days-2 nights||INR 5,175|
|Exotic Pondicherry||3 days-2 nights||INR 8, 613|
|Puducherry Tour Package||4 days- 3 Nights||INR 7, 650|
|Enthralling Pondicherry||4 days- 3 Nights||INR 13, 410|
|Short Break Pondicherry||3 days-2 nights||INR 12, 329|
Ideal Itinerary for Pondicherry Tour Package
Refer to an ideal itinerary for Pondicherry Trip to experience a great vacation. It will take you to all the major tourist attractions in the coastal town of Pondicherry.
Day 1: Arrive at Chennai Airport. Drive to Pondicherry. Check-in at the hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Visit the universal town, Auroville. Visit the Eglise de Sacre Coeur De Jesus Catholic Church and beaches. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Check out from the hotel after breakfast, and proceed for the return journey.
Best Places to Visit in Pondicherry
Pondicherry Places to Visit comprise iconic landmarks to make the most of your visit. We share paradisiacal Tourist Places in Pondicherry.
1. Auroville: Auroville is a universal town famous for harmony among different beliefs, cultures, and nationalities. Attend a concentration session(meditation) at Manmandir, a lotus-shaped dome. Mirra Alfassa founded Auroville in 1968. Opening Hours: 10 am - 06 pm (Daily)
2. Promenade: The promenade is a picturesque seafront with a rocky beach. This lively area is dotted with cafes and restaurants that serve French food and other cuisines. You can go for a walk in the evening. Opening Hours: 10 am to 9 pm
3. Botanical Garden: Over 1500 species of plants, six gorgeous fountains, a large aquarium with ornamental fishes, Japanese rock, a dancing fountain, and a beautiful children's train are unmissable attractions in the park. Opening Hours: 10 am - 05 pm (Daily)
4. Pondicherry Museum: The Museum showcases handicrafts, items of the French heritage, sculptures, and archaeological findings from the Arikamedu Roman settlement. Opening Hours: 10 am -01 pm and 02 pm - 05 pm (Daily). Entry Fee: Rs. 15
5. Sri Aurobindo Ashram: Sri Aurobindo and Mirra Alfassa founded the Aurobindo Ashram in 1926. The Samadhi, library, and crafts centers are the main attractions of Ashram. Opening Hours: 08 am - 12 pm and 02 pm - 06 pm (Daily)
6. Chunnambar Boat House: Boating in backwaters and stunning white sand beaches are the main attractions on this picnic spot.
Charges: Two-seater- Rs 30 per person. Four-seater - Rs 50 person
7. Ousteri Lake: More than 40 migratory birds. Golden Oriole, Painted Stork, White Ibis, Openbill Stork, Tailor Bird, and Spotted Owlets are the main attractions in one of Asia’s important wetlands.
8. French War Memorial: This victory monument was built in 1971 to pay homage to the martyrs of the First World War.
Opening Hours: 10 am - 05 pm (Daily)
9. French Institute of Pondicherry: The French Institute of Pondicherry is an exciting place that conducts research and training in the spheres of Indology, Social Sciences, and Ecology.
10. Statue of Dupleix: This granite statue was constructed in honor of Francois Dupleix, the governor of Pondicherry, from 1742 to 1754.
11. Paradise Beach: Vast shoreline, palm groves, and upscale resorts on the beachside are the main attractions off the beach.
12. Serenity Beach: The beach attracts tourists for golden sands, palm trees, and quiet ambiance. It is a must-visit location in the union territory.
13. Rock Beach Pondicherry: Rock Beach Pondicherry is famous for its palm-lined promenade, sunrise view, crashing waves, and cool breeze. Church of Sacred Heart of Jesus, Eglise de Notre Dame de la Conception Immaculee Church, Eglise de Sacre Coeur de Jesus Church, and Eglise de Notre Dame des Anges are the famous churches of colonial era.
Things to Do in Pondicherry Trip
Your Pondicherry Trip Plan would be incomplete without partaking in unique activities. Here is a round-up of some fantastic things to do in Pondicherry:
• Try adventurous sports like Scuba diving, surfing, boat ride, yachting, kayaking, and canoeing.
• Discover the city on a bike.
• Shop at Casablanca, Anokhi, Serenity beach bazaar, Nehru Street, Goubert market, Cluny embroidery center for handicrafts, art items, home décor items, and garments.
• Attend cultural Workshops at Sita Cultural Centre to enrich your knowledge.
• Stay at Dune Eco Village to experience the rustic charm of Pondicherry.
• Learn basic techniques of pottery art at Golden Bridge Pottery Center.
• Take a temple tour to awaken spirituality in Manakula Vinayagar Temple, Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Vedapureeswarar temple, and Kanniga Parameswari Temple.
• Enjoy buzzing nightlife at Zero House, Paradise Lounge, and more.
• Experience yoga at Yoganjali Natyalayam.
• Enjoy strolls, bonfires, and water activities on beaches.
• Volunteer at NGOs in the Auroville.
• Take your kids to the Pelican Playhouse for indoor games.
• Take Ayurveda treatment at Ayushman Ayurved.
• Visit French and Tamil quarters to understand Franco-Indian heritage.
• Witness sunrise at Rock Beach and do bird watching at Ousteri Lake.
• Go for boutique shopping to get beautiful apparel.