Video showing Top 5 Best Thai Dishes
One of the most common questions I get asked is Mark, “what are your favorite Thai foods ” And so when Greg was in Bangkok I thought it would be an awesome idea to cover when he was filming with his amazing video skills.
Choosing my favorite Thai dishes is a very hard thing to do, but I narrowed it down.
1. Braised beef fire pot at Heng Chun Seng - There’s just about nothing better to eat for breakfast in Bangkok, and after trying quite a few versions, Heng Chun Seng is still my favorite. The beef is tender and most of all the soup is so fragrant from the herbs and beef.
2. Holy basil stir fry at Ung Jia Huad - If there’s one dish that could be the most popular and beloved easy to eat Thai food, it’s holy basil stir fry (with your choice of meat). It’s a dish that always hits the spot.
3. Green papaya salad Stall on Sukhumvit - You’ll find green papaya salad on just about every street corning in Bangkok and throughout Thailand. My favorite version is som tam boo plaraa, dressed with fermented fish sauce.
4. Fish viscera curry at Janhom - Southern Thai food is always a favorite of mine, and gaeng tai pla, or a curry made with fish viscera is one of the most flavorful Thai foods of them all.
5. Jungle curry at Pla Mae Nam - A dish I just can’t get over, and have to order every chance I have, is Thai jungle curry. It’s an amazing mixture of chilies and herbs, and in this case, fish. This is also one of my favorite restaurants in Bangkok at the moment as well.